Want an easy and instant upgrade to your kitchen? Changing out your drawers is one of the quickest ways to revamp the look of your space and make it feel more modern and stylish. This article discusses how you can quickly replacement your kitchen drawers for an instant upgrade!
Overview of Kitchen Drawers and What to Look For
Here is something to consider when shopping for kitchen drawers. The most important thing is to ensure the drawers fit your available space. You’ll also want to decide on the type of drawer, such as a complete extension or soft close. Full extension draws allow you to access the entire contents of the drawer, while soft close ones prevent the drawer from slamming shut.
Other things to keep in mind are the finish and hardware. Choose a high gloss finish in a bright color for a more modern look. If you’re going for a more traditional look, opt for a wood finish with brass hardware. And finally, make sure to measure your existing cabinets before ordering new drawers so you get the perfect fit!
Choosing the Right Replacement Kitchen Drawers
Regarding kitchen drawer replacement, there are a few things to remember to choose the right ones for your space. The first step is to measure the area where it will install the new kitchen drawer. That will ensure that you purchase the correct size replacement kitchen drawer.
The next thing to consider is the style of replacement kitchen drawer you would like. There are many different styles available on the market, so it is essential to take some time to browse and compare before making a decision. It is also necessary to consider how often you will use the new drawers and what items you will store. That will help you choose replacement kitchen drawers that are durable and fit your specific needs.
Considering all these factors, it is time to start shopping for your home’s kitchen drawer. There are many different ways to shop for these items, so take your time and find a retailer that offers a wide selection and competitive prices. With a bit of research, you should be able to find the perfect replacement kitchen drawer for your home in no time!
Steps to Easily Replace Your Kitchen Drawers
Please remove all the contents from your old kitchen drawers and set them aside.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the drawer fronts from your old kitchen drawers.
- Measure the opening of each drawer and cut new pieces of wood to size for the fronts using a saw.
- Drill holes in the new pieces of wood for the handles, using a drill bit slightly more minor than the handles’ diameter.
- Attach the new drawer fronts to the old boxes using screws, then reattach the handles.
- Put your contents back into the new, improved kitchen drawers!
Installing and Finishing the New Kitchen Drawers
Installing and finishing the new kitchen drawers is a relatively easy task that it can complete in a few hours. The first step is removing the old drawer fronts and hardware. Next, measure the opening for the new drawer fronts and cut them to size. If installing new hardware, drill the holes for the handles or knobs before attaching the drawer fronts.
Attach the drawer fronts to the drawer box using screws or brackets, then add your handles or knobs. Finally, finish off the look by adding trim molding around the edges of the drawer fronts.
Quick Tips for Maintaining Your New Kitchen Drawers
- Keep them clean: Wipe down your new kitchen drawers with a damp cloth occasionally to keep them looking fresh. Replacement kitchen drawers
- Be careful with what you put in them: Avoid putting anything too heavy or sharp in your new kitchen drawers to prevent damage.
- Organize them regularly: Take some time every few weeks to organize your drawers so that everything has a place and you can easily find what you need.
Mistakes To Avoid When Replacing/Installing Kitchen Drawers
- Avoid using too much glue or screws when attaching the new drawer fronts to the cabinets. Over time, this can cause the drawer fronts to warp or become loose.
- Ensure the new drawer fronts are level and aligned adequately before attaching them. That will ensure that they open and close smoothly.
- Be careful not to damage the finish on the cabinets when removing the old drawer fronts. Use a putty knife or other blunt instrument to avoid scratching or gouging the surface.
- When installing the new drawer fronts, use shims to level them if necessary. That will prevent them from becoming crooked over time.
Replacing your kitchen drawers can be a relatively easy and cost-effective way to upgrade the look of your kitchen. With our tips, you should now have all the knowledge necessary to replace those old drawers yourself in no time. Plus, there are plenty of great style options for you to choose from, ensuring that your new look is unique and tailored to your taste. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and give it a go!